Wednesday, September 25, 2019

A Moment of Clarity

NOT AVAILABLE

Here is a 36" x 48 oil painting titled "A Moment of Clarity".  It depicts a journey I went through with my mother, and while I have the absolute most wonderful memories of our last several years together, in the end we fought a batte together that finally overcame our efforts.  My mother passed with mixed Dementia of which I believe Lewy Body was the main culprit.  She lived a long and good life, always putting her best foot forward despite any hardship she may have endured.  She kept her faith while I struggled to make sense of it all and she provided the ideal path for me to follow.  

I began this painting while my mother was still with us and while she didnt seem to take much interest in it, when she did ask what I was painting I told her it was a picture of her  She responded with an "oh no" but when I told her I was in it as well, she was ok with it.  She didn't really like me painting her so much but she became my best subject/model. 


No comments: