Friday, October 16, 2020

Bernadette A Michon

NOT AVAILABLE 


This painting of my sister, who passed away Aug 2020 is done in oil and measures 2ft by 3ft.  I do have mixed feelings about it as it was to commemorate her strength and resilience in the face of illness and while that part has not changed, we all had high hopes for Bernie.  I kept promising that I would paint her and am glad she was able to see me keep that promise.  

The picture originally started as a double portrait and there is actually a full portrait of my mother to the top left of Bernie's head.  She was there to be with Bernie in her time of need.  If you look closely you can see the outline of my mom's head.  My mother passed away almost a year prior to Bernie.  I was just not having the easiest time painting my mom, so for whatever reason I painted over her.  At the time I thought ok, she is still there with Bernie and even though she could not be seen now, her spirit is still with her.   



No comments: